Albert J. A. Young
Albert J. A. Young, a principal in the firm since 1989, has worked for the firm continuously since the age of 15, with the exception of a brief clerkship at a Baltimore law firm and a post-graduate judicial clerkship.
Mr. Young is a graduate of The John Carroll School, where he received the John Carroll Award, "presented by the administration and the faculty to the Senior boy and girl who, in their judgment, have made the greatest contribution in the area of school spirit and involvement."
He is a graduate of Washington College in Chestertown, Md., where he received the Clark-Porter Medal ("awarded to the student whose character and personal integrity, in the opinion of the faculty, have most clearly enhanced the quality of campus life"), served two terms as Student Government Association President, and was inducted into the Omicron-Delta-Kappa Honor Society "in recognition of conspicuous attainments and service in collegiate activities." While at Washington College, Mr. Young was Resident Assistant, a member of the Judiciary Committee of the College, served on the Academic Counsel of the College, and was an Intern at the Maryland General Assembly.
Mr. Young received his law degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1984, where he was a Finalist in the National Appellate Advocacy competition and served on the Moot Court Board. Before joining the firm, Mr. Young served as Law Clerk to the Hon. Edward A. DeWaters, Jr., later Chief Judge of the Third Judicial Circuit of Maryland. In 1992, the Harford County Executive appointed Mr. Young Chairman of the Harford County Environmental Land Preservation Commission, and, in 1999, to the Task Force on Cellular Communication Towers.
Mr. Young specializes in the areas of Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Estate Planning and Administration, Land Use, Business Litigation, and Corporate and Business Law. He is a frequent speaker and lecturer on estate planning to professional groups, Bar Association Continuing Education, senior citizen groups and government retirement programs. He has handled many of the largest probate estates in Harford County, and has represented buyers, sellers, developers and builders in a wide range of residential and commercial projects. He has also represented most of the cellular communications carriers and utility companies in connection with land use and zoning issues.
Extremely active in land preservation, Mr. Young has represented more applicants to the Harford County Agricultural Land Preservation Program than any other representative or attorney. He was named Preservationist of the Year by the Harford County Executive in 2005. Along with his wife, Mr. Young was named Harford County's Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser of 2013 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Maryland, Harford County Chapter.
Mr. Young's Board Memberships and Affiliations include:
- Member of the Board of Visitors and Governors of Washington College, 2004 - Present
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Upper Chesapeake Health System, 2004 - Present
- Member of the Board Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation since 1999; Chairman, 2015 - Present
- Member of Local Advisory Board for Branch Banking & Trust Company, 2005 - 2014
- Member of the Principal's Council of John Carroll School, 2009 - Present
- Member of the Board of Directors of Maryland Association for Wildlife Conservation, 1995-2014; President, 1999-2014
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Manor Conservancy, 1997-2013; Vice President 2000-2013
- Member of the Board of Directors of Maryland Steeplechase Association, 1994; Vice President, 2000-2014; President, 2015 - Present
- Member of the Appeals Board of National Steeplechase Association, 2000 - Present
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Elkridge-Harford Hunt Club, 1990-2015; President 1995-2015
- President Emeritus, Elkridge-Harford Hunt Club, 2015 - Present
- Gubernatorial Appointment to the Judicial Nomination Commission for Harford County, 1995-1999; 1999-2003; 2015 - Present
Albert J. A. Young is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland.
Send an E-mail to Mr. Young. Note: please be advised that such communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, electronic technology is not secure and information may not be treated as privileged or confidential.
The materials and information posted on this web site are for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice. If you are a current client of Brown, Brown & Young, P.A., please contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or question, including any of the information provided on our website, or any other matter.
Home | About Our Practice | Attorneys & Staff | Community Support | Brown, Brown & Young In the News | Our Newsletters | Contact Us